CITY HALL CLOSED Monday May 30,2022 for Memorial Day
SUNFLOWER DAYS: July 15th &16th
Winners of the Business Decoration Contest for the Gold Star Trophy!
LYNDON STATE BANK
(Runner Up – “Melvern Pride Display”)
CLICK BELOW TO SEE THE WINNERS OF THE CHRISTMAS HOUSE LIGHTING CONTEST 2021
The City provides Water, Sewer and Trash utilities.
Non-refundable $100.00 Administration Fee for New Accounts
UTILITY BILLS DUE BY 10th
Unpaid Accounts after 21st are subject to disconnection
Annual Dog Tags are Required (April) Dog Tag Application.
Trash Pick Up on Thursdays. (Totes need to be curb side by 6am Thursday)
Mayor: Lynn Weddle
Meets 1st Monday of the month 7:00pm at City Hall
Planning & Zoning
Meets 1st Monday of the Month 6:00pm at City Hall
785-828-3121 (non-emergency) 785-828-3662 FAX
Emergency – Call 911
*See Departments Tab for Addiction Resources.
BURNING – Call Sheriff at 785-828-3121 to see if in Burn Ban.
Send your request to have Utility Bills emailed as well as mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to Melvern
Welcome to the official site for the City of Melvern, Kansas. We are located on K-31 highway 4 miles north of I-35 (exit 160) and 3 miles east of US 75 bordered by the Marais des Cygnes River. The surrounding rural countryside is made up of creeks, native timber, crop and pasture land. Two branches of the BNSF Railroad come together here. We have close access to several Federal Reservoirs with Melvern Lake being located only 4 miles west of town. The community is very active and committed to maintaining the friendly rural values while moving into the future. While you visit the site, check out the local businesses, recreation opportunities and read our town history.
- 2Zoning Meeting 6pm6:00 pm - 7:00 pmCity Council Meeting 7pm7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- 3Girl Scouts 6pm6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- 4Municipal Court 6PM6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- 8Happy Mothers Day!All Day
- 9Fire Board Meeting @ Fire Dept 7:30pm7:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- 10City Utility Bills DueAll DayAgency Township Meeting 7pm7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- 17Girl Scouts 6pm6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- 19Harvesters Noon12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- 23Unpaid City Utility Bills Subject to DisConnectAll DayFriends of the Trail Meeting 7pm7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- 30Memorial DayAll DayCity Hall ClosedAll Day