Follow Us on Facebook! (For Up To Date News!!)
Melvern Holipalooza Sat. Dec. 4th!!
Melvern City Home Decorating Contest!!
Remember to turn in your entry to City Hall to be entered into contest. Judging on Dec 17th & 18th.
The City provides Water, Sewer and Trash utilities.
Non-refundable $100.00 Administration Fee for New Accounts
UTILITY BILLS DUE BY 10th
Unpaid Accounts after 21st are subject to disconnection
Annual Dog Tags are Required (April) Dog Tag Application.
Trash Pick Up on Thursdays. (Totes need to be curb side by 6am Thursday)
Mayor: Lynn Weddle
Meets 1st Monday of the month 7:00pm at City Hall
Planning & Zoning
Meets 1st Monday of the Month 6:00pm at City Hall
Covid-19 Procedures are as follows: Please wear a mask while in court.
785-828-3121 (non-emergency) 785-828-3662 FAX
Emergency – Call 911
*See Departments Tab for Addiction Resources.
Send your request to have Utility Bills emailed as well as mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to Melvern
Welcome to the official site for the City of Melvern, Kansas. We are located on K-31 highway 4 miles north of I-35 (exit 160) and 3 miles east of US 75 bordered by the Marais des Cygnes River. The surrounding rural countryside is made up of creeks, native timber, crop and pasture land. Two branches of the BNSF Railroad come together here. We have close access to several Federal Reservoirs with Melvern Lake being located only 4 miles west of town. The community is very active and committed to maintaining the friendly rural values while moving into the future. While you visit the site, check out the local businesses, recreation opportunities and read our town history.
- 1Municiple Court 6pm @ City Hall6:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- 4Melvern City Christmas FestivalAll Day
- 6Zoning Meeting @6pm6:00 pm - 7:00 pmCity Council Meeting @ 7pm7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- 10Utility Bills DueAll Day
- 13Past Due Fee added to Utility FeesAll DayFire Board Meeting @ 7:30pm7:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- 16Harvesters12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- 17“Light Up Melvern” Christmas Lights JudgingAll Day
- 18“Light Up Melvern” Christmas Lights JudgingAll Day
- 20USD 456 No SchoolAll Day
- 21USD 456 No SchoolAll DayAll UnPaid Utility Bills Subject to Shut-OffAll Day
- 22USD 456 No SchoolAll Day
- 23USD 456 No SchoolAll Day
- 24USD 456 No SchoolAll DayCity Hall ClosedAll Day
- 25MERRY CHRISTMAS!All Day
- 27USD 456 No SchoolAll Day
- 28USD 456 No SchoolAll Day
- 29USD 456 No SchoolAll Day
- 30USD 456 No SchoolAll Day
- 31USD 456 No SchoolAll Day