Follow Us on Facebook! (For Up To Date News!!)
Time to Renew Your Dog Tags!!!! DUE BY APRIL 1st. $20 Late Fee Applies after that date.
CITY HALL CLOSED
Monday Jan. 17th– Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!!
Winners of the Business Decoration Contest for the Gold Star Trophy!
LYNDON STATE BANK
(Runner Up – “Melvern Pride Display”)
CLICK BELOW TO SEE THE WINNERS OF THE CHRISTMAS HOUSE LIGHTING CONTEST 2021
The City provides Water, Sewer and Trash utilities.
Non-refundable $100.00 Administration Fee for New Accounts
UTILITY BILLS DUE BY 10th
Unpaid Accounts after 21st are subject to disconnection
Annual Dog Tags are Required (April) Dog Tag Application.
Trash Pick Up on Thursdays. (Totes need to be curb side by 6am Thursday)
Mayor: Lynn Weddle
Meets 1st Monday of the month 7:00pm at City Hall
Planning & Zoning
Meets 1st Monday of the Month 6:00pm at City Hall
Covid-19 Procedures are as follows: Please wear a mask while in court.
785-828-3121 (non-emergency) 785-828-3662 FAX
Emergency – Call 911
*See Departments Tab for Addiction Resources.
Send your request to have Utility Bills emailed as well as mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to Melvern
Welcome to the official site for the City of Melvern, Kansas. We are located on K-31 highway 4 miles north of I-35 (exit 160) and 3 miles east of US 75 bordered by the Marais des Cygnes River. The surrounding rural countryside is made up of creeks, native timber, crop and pasture land. Two branches of the BNSF Railroad come together here. We have close access to several Federal Reservoirs with Melvern Lake being located only 4 miles west of town. The community is very active and committed to maintaining the friendly rural values while moving into the future. While you visit the site, check out the local businesses, recreation opportunities and read our town history.
- 3Zoning Meeting 6pm6:00 pm - 6:30 pmCity Council Meeting 7pm7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- 4Girl Scouts Meeting 6pm6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- 5Municipal Court 6pm6:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- 8Game Night Community Center 6:30pm6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- 10Utility Bills DueAll DayFire Board Meeting at Fire Dept 7:30pm7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- 11Agency Twshp Meeting 7pm7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- 17USD 456 No SchoolAll DayCity Hall ClosedAll Day
- 18Girl Scouts Meeting 6pm6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- 20Harvesters Noon12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- 21All Unpaid Utility Bills Subject to Shut-offAll Day
- 26Sheriff Public Meeting at Community Center 6pm6:00 pm - 7:00 pm