Follow Us on Facebook! (For Up To Date News!!)
Mayor: Lynn Weddle
Meets 1st Monday of the month 7:00pm at City Hall
Planning & Zoning
Meets 1st Monday of the Month 6:00pm at City Hall
The City provides Water, Sewer and Trash utilities.
Non-refundable $100.00 Administration Fee for New Accounts
UTILITY BILLS DUE BY 10th
Unpaid Accounts after 21st are subject to disconnection
Annual Dog Tags are Required (April) Dog Tag Application.
Trash Pick Up on Thursdays. (Totes need to be curb side by 6am Thursday)
Covid-19 Procedures are as follows: Please wear a mask while in court.
785-828-3121 (non-emergency) 785-828-3662 FAX
Emergency – Call 911
*See Departments Tab for Addiction Resources.
Send your request to have Utility Bills emailed as well as mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to Melvern
Welcome to the official site for the City of Melvern, Kansas. We are located on K-31 highway 4 miles north of I-35 (exit 160) and 3 miles east of US 75 bordered by the Marais des Cygnes River. The surrounding rural countryside is made up of creeks, native timber, crop and pasture land. Two branches of the BNSF Railroad come together here. We have close access to several Federal Reservoirs with Melvern Lake being located only 4 miles west of town. The community is very active and committed to maintaining the friendly rural values while moving into the future. While you visit the site, check out the local businesses, recreation opportunities and read our town history.
- 4Zoning Meeting6:00 pm - 6:00 pmCity Council Meeting7:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- 6Municipal Court6:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- 10Utility Bills Due8:00 am - 6:00 pm
- 11Columbus Day/Office Closed8:00 am - 6:00 pm
- 16Lap The Lake 8am8:00 am - 8:00 am
- 21Non-Paid Utility Bills Subject to Shut-OffAll DayHarvesters11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- 23Melvern Fall Festival 8am-5pm8:00 am - 5:00 pmKathy’s Kitchen Open House 9am-11am9:00 am - 11:00 am
- 25Friends of the Trail Meeting7:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- 29USD 456 No SchoolAll Day
- 31Trick or Treat with Animals 5pm-7pm5:00 pm - 7:00 pm501 NW Main St5:00 pm - 6:00 pm